Use your serger to its full potential! The serger is the most versatile tool a sewist can use, capable of hemming, seaming, decorative finishes and more. Too often, sergers are used for finishing edges and nothing more, simply because "it's too complicated to change the settings."
Author Gail Yellen is here to demystify the serger and help you get the most out of your machine! By familiarizing yourself with the various components and how they affect the stitch, you'll tackle new stitches and techniques with a new enthusiasm.
- Handy Operator Tips explain common handling errors and how to avoid them
- Accessory Foot Appendix details the different serger feet available and when to use them 5 simple projects put your new serging knowledge into practice
- Cover stitch overview complete with decorative and construction techniques
- Quick Reference Guide lets you quickly find the machine settings for popular stitches
Advice on threading, tension, differential feed, and needles relevant to all models; tips for using decorative threads that result in masterful finishes, cover stitch and more--it's all here in Serger Essentials!
- Pages: 128
- Author: Gail Patrice Yellen
- Publish Date: 12/25/2015
- Dimensions: 8.3in x 0.4in x 11in